Questions to ask from a caterer before hiring them for your wedding
Everyone wants to make their wedding day a memorable day in their life. The most important part of the wedding is the food. Although wedding decorations, fireworks and flowers all contribute to aggrandize the wedding event; food has its own importance. It’s only food arrangement that people remember forever. The taste of the food, the way it was served and the number of served dishes all when managed properly make the wedding arrangements praiseworthy.
So if your wedding date is approaching and you are not sure how to find good wedding catering services, here is the list of questions that will help you in selecting the right caterer for your big day:
- Food samples for tasting – While selecting the caterer for your wedding day, you should invite all the shortlisted caterers along with their food samples. You can also provide them with the list of dishes that you want to have in your wedding buffet and ask them to bring any one dish from the provided list so that you and your relative can taste the food and select the caterer whose dish you find better in taste and presentation.
- Rates – It is probably the most important questions that you should ask from your caterer. You should ask them how much per plate will cost you. Don’t hesitate to bargain to get the best rates. Also, make it clear from your caterer what the cost will include. You should discuss tables, chairs, linens, and taxes in advance in order to avoid future conflicts with the caterer.
- Bookings- Once you have almost finalized your wedding caterer ask them about their schedule on the wedding day. If you find that the caterer has too many bookings on that day, avoid working with them. If you like the caterer a lot, then you should ensure that the caterer is not going to compromise with the quality of services because of his multiple bookings.
- Check their background – When you are hiring a caterer, you are not hiring a single person. There will be a lot of people involved like waiters, and cooks. So it gets very important that you do a little background check. You can ask for references and photos taken in their previous event. You can also contact their old customers and ask them their feedback regarding the services. It will let you know about their proficiency and efficiency.
- Self-involvement – In the starting when you meet the caterers, they will make all kind of promises, but during the wedding day, they usually tend to pass the responsibilities to their subordinates who are not experienced. So make sure that the caterer you talked to is involved in the wedding food arrangement.
- The staff – Ask the caterer what his serving staff will be wearing during the event and do they charge extra for the same. You should find out how experienced and polite they are. Also, discuss with your caterer how many numbers of people he will provide on the day of the event. Discussing these things in advance with a caterer can help you in preventing so many last minute troubles.